- Ten households are permitted into the store at one time
- Each household is required to wear a mask upon entering the store, if you do not own a mask there are masks available for purchase for 1 point
- There is tape placed at 6 foot increments to ensure social distancing
- The Food Club will not be accepting documentation of income at this time
- Members may pay with cash and card beginning June 1
an innovative and dignified approach to food security
Providing consumer choice, member participation, and access to healthy foods.
what is the community food club?
The Community Food Club is a non-profit, member based grocery store. Low income members pay between $11 and $15 for a 30 day membership and are able to shop using points based on their household size. Most members receive 9 to 11 days’ worth of foods during each membership period. Members can shop as often as they’d like and select foods that fit their needs.
making healthy food available
Traditional grocery store pricing is turned upside down at the Community Food Club – fruits and vegetables are the lowest priced items while processed foods and snack items are among the highest priced. This incentivizes healthy options and increases access to fresh, nutritious foods on a consistent basis. At the Food Club, we are committed to always stocking fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, cheese, milk, and eggs. Fruits and vegetables make up 42% of the items members select – nearly triple the average amount distributed by traditional grocery stores.
the impact of a food club membership
Here are the improvements our members have seen in their lives: